Friday, February 19, 2010

And So It Begins... Again!

Many of you know that Sarah went on a 6-week long missions trip with the Continental Singers last summer. She had an amazing time and came home a changed girl. Or maybe I should say, young woman! The maturity I've seen in Sarah, and the growth in her relationship with God since getting back last summer, has been a joy to see!  Did I miss her last summer? Oh yeah! Especially since she was gone on her 18th birthday! That was a hard day for me! Would I encourage her to do it again? YES! But I don't need to convince her, because she has already made the decision to go again. And now Hannah is following in her big sister's footprints, and going on the Young Continentals mission trip! I'm so proud and excited for them! I'm also wondering HOW in the world are we going to raise DOUBLE the support that we did last year!  But then I've got to remind myself that our God is, well, GOD! He is God, and there is no other. Nothing is too hard for Him! With Him, nothing is impossible! So if He is the one creating the desire for Sarah and Hannah to go this summer, then He can certainly provide the money for them! So I'm asking you, my friends and family to help us. The very best thing you can do to help us won't cost you anything! Because we very much covet your prayers as Sarah and Hannah prepare to go serve Him this summer. So that is the main thing we ask, to please pray for them as they prepare to go. And of course, if you feel led to, a monetary donation would be great, as well. Even if you can only donate a small amount, every little bit helps, and know that your donation is going far in helping spread the gospel of Christ.

Also, for those of you local to Phoenix, there are going to be some fun fund raising events taking place. So I'll let you know what they are as they are coming up. Also, if you love good quality candles (Gold Canyon) and/or Cookie Lee jewelry, we have an ongoing "catalog party" going on! And for every order that you place for candles or jewelry, all proceeds go toward their mission trips. Please email me for more information.

Did I say how proud I am of my daughters?! :-) And thank you! Thank you for your prayers as they go on this journey of fund raising and then their mission trip, and thank you for those of you who are able to be generous and help them with a monetary gift. Links for online giving are to the right of this page.

Thank you! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment